Friday, October 16, 2009

SNOW?!

Fleece pants, turtle neck, sweatshirt, fleece jacket, and winter hat. That's what I wore on my morning run today. In the SNOW. It was most unpleasant, and got me thinking that I may need some more "streamlined" (and waterproof) cold-weather running attire before Sunday... I'm pretty sure I'd be sporting the only pair of baggy fleece sweatpants at Baystate. I've e-mailed my unofficial running mentor for advice and (assuming she hasn't already taken out a restraining order on me) she'll probably be able to provide some guidance on what to wear.

So, aside from Googling warm weather vacation destinations (which we'll never actually reach, due to the outrageous amount of money we're spending to have about 30 trees cut down in our yard), we've just been up to the usual stuff. Not surprisingly, the "usual stuff" has me exhausted and in bed by about 8:30 every night. But I feel like we're getting a little more used to our routine. It helps that Mike has been able to jump right into Field Trip Duty and other things that alleviate my self-induced stress of trying to be in 18 places at once. Plus, how excited do you think Ellie was to bring Daddy to the apple orchard yesterday?! (Answer: Very).

So that's about it for now... I hear Curious George coming to a regretful end. (Honestly, what would I do without that monkey??)

4 comments:

Beth said...

It was snowing on my drive home from work last night too... crazy!!

Unknown said...

Well, quit your googling. You know where the cheapest warm weather vacation site is! And, I bet hotels don't provide separate rooms for each member of the family! Yes...even Molly. Although, we may call her room a "garage". (Just kidding, Molly. You could sleep with me and the "dog person".)

Seriously, I do feel sorry for you. A bit early for snow! Hopefully, Indian Summer can't be far behind.

And, you ARE always welcome here.

Unknown said...

You never did tell us how you got the cool new look to your blog.

what is "snow"?

Anonymous said...

No sympathy from Vermont. We had 3inches on Wednesday morning. They tell me it was 70 degrees a year ago....true signs of Global Warming! Let's call Al Gore.