Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fashion Girl

No, I'm not talking about Ellie.

Owen has suddenly developed a very strong sense of what's acceptable to wear to school. And what's not. Those great Rugged Bear khakis I just bought him? Too "fancy". He agreed to wear them one day (I think because my face was starting to do that thing where I'm either going to cry or yell), and then took them off the MINUTE he walked in the door after school. No kidding - it was the first thing he did. I asked him what was wrong with the pants, and he said (looking at me like I was the most naive person alive), "Please. I look like a fashion girl with those pants on".

Turns out that if pants don't have an elastic waist band and a Nike swoosh, he ain't wearing them. So tonight we raided the Kids Activewear section of TJ Maxx, and all appears to be well again.

(Where does he get this stubborn streak?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with Dad. He will not give up his tattered chinos that were purchased at least 10 years ago. He also insists on wearing his old hiking boots everywhere, even out to dinner....sound familiar? The only defiance from Michael was his dislike of Izod aligators, thus the holes on the chest of all his shirts....

Anne said...

Too funny... I'd forgotten the story about Mike and those alligators! And speaking of fashion, we can not forget those bright yellow pants and blue boat shoes!! :)