Imagine ten little toddlers in pink tutus (9 in ballet slippers, and 1 in "running shoes") and you can envision my afternoon. I panicked a little when Miss Allison informed me that "Moms wait outside the studio", but Ellie did just fine at her first dance class. I know because I stood at the doorway and craned my neck to watch her stomp around in her little tutu, waving her purple wand in the air. Too darn cute. At the end of class, each girl got a pink sparkly hair elastic and Ellie was in heaven. Guess it was worth the $50 registration fee. Owen was with me because it was another 1/2 day at Florence Roche. (Do these kids ever go to school?) He did a fair amount of eye-rolling at all the PINK, but was a real trooper.
Afterwards we went up to EMS to make a return and, as Owen poked around the store, he asked me if I needed any more Gu. Okay, it's a little odd that he knows what Gu is, but I love him for it. Just wait until we're on snack duty at soccer.
Editor's note: No one comments on the new look of my blog? What's up with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
OK, I'll comment... It's not fair to talk about how cute Ellie looked and not post a picture!
Just realised I mis-read your comment... the new look is great, very appropriate for autumn
Thanks, Beth. But again, we don't speak British here.
WHAT is Gu??? Maybe Owen knows, but his old Grandma hasn't a clue. And, I agree with Ellie...not fair to tell us how cute Ellie was but not post a picture. As good as your descriptions are...we want to see a picture!
And, OK, I've gotta ask...what new look?
Sorry...I meant I agree with BETH - post a picture of Ellie. Although, if Beth would like to post some pictures...? I'm dying to see her new house!
What was British about my comment??
Realised?
Oh, the s thing I'm really trying hard to stop. My fingers just naturally do it when I'm typing. I don't even notice anymore
Still don't know what Gu is.
And now that I've noticed the editor's comment...I do like the new look. I'd noticed it...I just didn't realize you did it. I thought it just up-dated itself, I guess.
p.s. Still waiting for pictures. (From you, too, Beth.)
Gu is sugary syrup for runners...as for the new look, I agree about the fall look; it might be a little too official for me (maybe needs more pics); and am i the only one that gets annoyed by the wierd letters and symbols that show up in place of apostrophe's in the comments?
To Jay - Real annoying! At first, I thought it was me. (Hey, I'm a mother...my default assumption is that something was my fault.) Glad to know it's not just me.
Anne, you'd better do another post, so we can quit commenting back and forth on this one!
Post a Comment