Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snow, Snow, Go Away

Ellie is having a rough week. I know this because she looked at me tonight and said sadly, "Mommy, I don't feel well". And I looked back into her puffy, watery eyes and said, "Ellie, thank you for using proper grammar". I kid. (But really, I love that she does that. Like when she says, "Mommy! I have to go potty very badly". Way to use an adverb). Speaking of having a solid grasp of the English language, Owen stood under a tree today just as it dumped a whole bunch of wet snow onto him, and he said, "Mom! HELP! This rain is dreadful". (Do I use that word?) Anyway, Ellie has a cold and she's not happy. But she did get a new haircut today, so she's looking adorable.

Owen, on the other hand, was feeling giddy all day. He had a playdate at his friend Patrick's house (a drop-off playdate, so I was feeling a little giddy as well). Then he and Oli played soccer at their "Kids Sized Sports" class at the Y. I'm thinking he'll RULE the soccer field (well, the gym floor) since he's played soccer before. Nope, he instead chose to crouch down and tuck his legs into his shirt so that he looked like an extremely little person (not that there's anything wrong with that) and waddle around the gym floor giggling. Okay, whatever floats your boat. Oli decided he was going to "be Coach Steve", so he followed the coach around mimicking him. Honestly, all he needed was a whistle; it was hysterical.

No comments: