Friday, August 15, 2008

Blueberries & Ben Rudnick

Settling back into reality after vacation was a little painful. I really enjoyed floating around the pool all week, and while I missed Mike and Ellie a lot, I didn't miss the dramatic sibling arguments between Owen and Ellie. Plus, it's been raining a LOT lately! Ellie and I walked out of church on Sunday and she said, "YAY - sun out!". No kidding... even a two year-old notices when it's rainy all summer. Anyway, to celebrate the sun finally coming out, we've done some fun things this week. We went blueberry picking at Parlee Farms on Wednesday. We each got a bucket and got to pick as many blueberries as we wanted. Ellie had the best strategy by far; she waited until I put my bucket down to pick up my camera, and then raided it! Note the proud expression as she holds up her bucket for this photo opp - she has no idea that I'm onto her! We saw Connor and Baby Drew there, which was a LOT of fun until Owen took a digger and suffered a major (in his opinion) boo-boo. Don't worry - it was nothing that a few blueberries on the way home couldn't fix!

On Thursday we went to see Ben Rudnick at Boardinghouse Park, which to me is the highlight of the summer. Nanny came with us, and we met up with Uncle Jay, Auntie V. and Jack! Jack was adorable in his little tie-dye onesie. I really think he enjoyed the music! Afterwards we walked downtown for lunch and ice cream. The weather was SO nice - it was great to be outdoors. Later in the day we headed over to Cruise Night at Kimball's. Not as many cars this time, but it was fun to hang out, have dinner, and listen to music. We had a big group of Apigians with us (Nanny, Poppa, Amy, Oil & Annie); poor Uncle David was stuck going to a Red Sox game. The kids had a great time - did anyone else notice that Annabelle's got some nice dance moves...?!

No comments: