Saturday, December 19, 2009

Random Niceness

I broke it to Owen that I wouldn't be attending his school holiday party because I'd be working that day. (Before you feel too sorry for us, you should know that his "party" lasts for a grand total of 30 minutes and consists of decorating, and then eating, gingerbread cookies. That's really about it). He took it well, no surprise. When I asked earlier in the year if he'd like me to attend one of his field trips, he thought about it (for a second and a half) and then said, "Naaaaa...". Anyway, the surprise came today when we were out in the car (sidebar: stay away from all supermarkets; both the holidays and a snowstorm are right around the corner). He said, "Mom, I'll ask my teacher for a plastic bag at my party, so that I can just eat half of my gingerbread man, and bring the other half home for you".

Random and nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He always was such a sweet kid! Must get that from you and Mike.