Ellie's been waking up with some odd middle-of-the-night dreams lately. The most common one is that the Trashmen are coming into our house. I usually crawl into bed with her, give her an exhausted yet reassuring hug and say, "now Ellie, let's be sensible. It's 2009; they're not called "Trashmen", they're called "Sanitation Engineers". And she eventually drifts back to sleep, subconsciously plotting other ways of luring me back into her room.
At the risk of revealing just how neurotic I truly am, I'll share one of my recent dreams, too... I was running (10 miles, to be exact... I guess I'm pretty ambitious in my sub-conscious). Anyway, the problem with my run was that I could not get a grip on the road, no matter how hard I tried. Hmmm... paging Dr. Freud.
On a completely unrelated note (yeah, right), I am exhausted from these 1 AM wake-up calls, and feel like I am not getting anything done lately. I guess you could say I'm trying to "get a grip"... See? I knew that Master's degree would come in handy someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In Ellie's defence, I often have dreams about someone coming into your house when I am staying there... it might have something to do with not locking your doors...
at least you have "sanitation workers." Up here in the Northern Frontier we have to bury our trash out back...actually I think there is a dump somewhere but the flies don't bother me...
Post a Comment