Friday, July 17, 2009

3 Going on 13

She looks so innocent, doesn't she? But, if I can be honest, that girl has a bit of a 'tude sometimes. (She must get that from Mike). She has this way of adding punctuation to the end of her statements - sort of like "Hmph!" Here's an example, "Owen, you are not my best friend anymore. Siena is my best friend. Hmph!" It's usually combined with a little hair toss, and a dramatic about-face. Oh, the attitude.

She's also decided that the bedtime we've assigned her is completely unacceptable. She walks downstairs about 6 times a night, holding Pink Baby in front of her face. As if we can't see her, if she can't see us. Doesn't work that way, kiddo. We see you, and you are rudely interrupting Ice Road Truckers.

I am officially entertaining all reasonable offers to take Ellie off my hands during her teenage years. Just something to think about...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that cannot be the Ellie Anne that we know. David was the only one who would not stay in bed; he would come down a dozen times each night. Michael was an angel....no attitude there.

Beth said...

I think Super Nanny (do you have that show here?) would tell you that you're supposed to just bring her back to bed without saying a word every time she comes down and eventually she'll stop. I'll take her off your hands any time though!