Saturday, February 28, 2009
Coach Owen
I completed my first 10-mile run today. Here's how it happened. Once a week I take the kids out in the car to clock my upcoming run. When Owen asked how far I'd be going this weekend, I told him I was going to take it down to 5 miles, but focus on speed, as I had a feeling that Uncle David was hatching a plan to kick my butt at the Groton Road Race this year. (Which he will likely do, but I have to at least go down with a fight). Owen responded with, "huh". Ever anxious for his approval, I said, "why, what do you think I should do?" And he tells me I should be running at least 9 or 10. So there you go. What can I say? The kid's motivating. Maybe tomorrow he can guide me through some stretches... (He does that sometimes; you know, the butterfly, the washing machine...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment