Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pajama Party!

The kids packed their overnight bags yesterday, and had a sleepover with their cousins Oli and Annabelle. Poor Mike and I were left to go out to dinner all alone, sleep late, and actually absorb the morning news (hey, did you know we have a new President??). I celebrated my free morning by going to church. Forgive me, that may have been misleading; I ran to the church and back. I did wave as I ran past. "Hello, fellow Parishioners. I'll catch you next week (I intend to, anyway). But this morning I am freeeeeee". Those of you who have conjured up an image of me leaping in the air are not far off the mark. But enough about me (see what happens when the kids are out of the picture?) Owen and Ellie had an awesome time at their sleepover. The "Awwwww" award goes to Oliver for this reason: When Dave was tucking them all into bed he noticed that Oli was crying a little. So he said, "Oli, are you crying?" and Oliver said, "yes, I'm crying because I'm so happy". See? Awwwwww......

No comments: