Wednesday, September 16, 2009

That's My Girl

Yesterday Ellie and I went on a mission. She needed a broom for the new clubhouse that Daddy and Poppa built for the kids. If her affinity for shopping and "eckercising" weren't enough, Ellie's enthusiasm for buying a new cleaning device proves that she is most definitely my child. I witnessed further confirmation when I picked her up at school today, and she had on her sneakers instead of her "school shoes". Her teacher explained that Ellie decided to switch to sneakers (which she had apparently stuffed into her backpack this morning) so that she could "run faster" when the class went outside for the pre-school version of recess. That's my girl.

Those of you recalling my teenage years should find some solace knowing that she's very much like Mike, too. The other day when her newly-created beaded bracelet snapped, and beads went flying all over the kitchen floor, I braced myself for the tantrum. But it never came; instead she laughed (which I personally couldn't understand, I mean, those beads went everywhere --- where's the humor??)

No comments: