Friday, August 7, 2009

Futures

I'm not all that worried about the rising costs of higher education, and this is why: I'm fairly certain that each of my kids will receive a full scholarship. That's a bold statement, I know, but let me share with you some proof of their seemingly endless intelligence...

At dinner the other night, Ellie proudly announced to everyone that she knew what she was going to be when she grew up: a puppy! Did I mention that we had company? They're a very nice couple, but I did notice that each of them sort of looked at her like, "huh".

Now onto Owen who, as we all know, really is the brains of the operation at home. He reminds me of things I've forgotten, and keeps me basically on track. This morning, he informed me of what goes on after Mike and I tuck them in at night, and go downstairs to eat dinner. He has booger contests. Yes, I did say that. Since it's still early in the morning, and this is a family show, I'll refrain from going into explicit detail. But, as you've probably already guessed, it involves hunting for treasure inside his nose and displaying it proudly on his wall. Hey, Mike and Dave -- did you see this coming when you painstakingly painted that room 5 1/2 years ago?

So, you see? No need to worry. My kids will surely be courted by the nation's finest institutions. And if that doesn't work out, Ellie can always be a puppy, and Owen an interior decorator.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And you wonder WHY Ellie won't stay in that room after you tuck them in??? Puppies don't like boogers!