It dawned on me this morning, as I set out on my 5 mile run in the pouring rain, that it really has been one of those weeks. Every Saturday morning I cash in on some "me time" (emphasis on the "me"), and it's pretty much non-negotiable. So even though Mother Nature failed to cooperate this morning, I did what any stressed out mother would do, I put on my running shoes and hit the pavement. It turned out to be a GREAT run. Perhaps I was fueled by the 2 servings of Oreos I had before bed last night (I feel that sounds much healthier than saying "6 Oreos"), but it's more likely that I was just really enjoying my escape. An interesting phenomenon occurred while I was gone, too - my kids turned back into their sweet, loving selves (endorphins are wonderful things).
So what made it one of those weeks? Well for starters, Ellie has been scolding me constantly. She stands there waving her finger and yelling "never, never, ever again!" The confusing part is that it's usually not preceded by any conscious behavior on my part, so I'm never really sure what she found so objectionable. Plus she's in a very independent stage right now (I don't know where she gets that...) and "no, no, Ellie do it!" is sort of her mantra. Owen's mantra seems to be "MMMMMOOOOOOMMM"; I hear my name (at top volume) several, several, several times a day. In fact, I do at this very moment (even though they're supposed to be upstairs asleep). I see more Oreos and red wine in my future...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Ellie's "never, never, never again". It reminds me of Cat's "you know what?" and then of course we would say "what?" and silence........
Post a Comment